Tea Tree Oil Nail Fungus Treatment: A Magical Solution!Are you suffering from Tinea Unguium or Onychomycosis, commonly known as nail fungus infection? A Tea Tree Oil Nail Fungus Treatment can be a natural but effective solution for your nail problems. Onychomycosis is a common nail infection, occurring amongst adults, especially with those having low immunity that manifests as nail discoloration, thickening, crumbling and pain. The microscopic dermatophytes or fungi grow and spread underneath the nail and infect them causing great discomfort. It may start as a yellow spot under your nail and even lead to nail crumbling at the edges. Your nail looks shriveled and ugly making it difficult to wear a shoe or walk properly. When you are suffering from such nail infections, it is obvious that you would be looking for an easy home remedy or that one magic solution that can help you get rid of the infectious condition!
Though nail fungus infections need medical attention, there is one natural effective remedy that is even prescribed by some doctors before recommending chemical-based prescription-medicine to treat such infections. The name of this wonder solution is Tea Tree Oil. It is an essential oil that has powerful anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that has a proven success record for treating a variety of skin ailments and fungal infections.
Therapeutic Properties of Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil or melaleuca oil is extracted from a native plant of New South Wales; Australia called Melaleuca alternifolia, which has antimicrobial properties that effectively fights against stubborn nail fungus infections. As tea tree oil is a natural essential oil and not a chemical solution, it is safe for application. It is gentle on the skin, giving a soothing effect and does not cause harmful side effects like any chemical drug. Thus it can make a safe and inexpensive cure for nail fungus with regular application. Even if complete cure may not be immediate, regular application of tea tree oil on the affected area can assure a soothing effect within a short span. The effectiveness of the herb however depends on the severity of the infection and may vary from person to person.
General Application Guidelines
The growing popularity of tea tree oil and its easy availability has provided great relief to those suffering from nail fungus infections. However for maximum effectiveness of this therapeutic oil, you need to follow some simple steps and remember the general guidelines.
- Firstly, before application of this essential oil to the affected nail area, you must test it on your inner arm or any part of the body to check if you are allergic to tea tree oil or not.
- If you experience an allergic reaction to the oil, you must discontinue its use immediately, and wash the affected area thoroughly.
- When you are ready to start the treatment, you first have to wash your feet with a mild tea tree oil soap or shampoo and dry them well.
- Next, take a cotton swab and soak it with 2 to 3 drops of undiluted pure tea tree oil and apply directly on the affected nails or toes several times a day.
- You should allow it to dry and can also cover the area with a bandage before going to bed. This will allow the oil to seep into the fungus affected nail without getting rubbed off.
- After several applications during the day, it is advisable to leave the solution overnight on the affected area.
- You can also mix tea tree oil with equal quantity of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, thyme oil, iodine, Vaseline or Vicks and apply the mixture with a light brush on the infected nail and leave it for 15 minutes, several times a day.
- This type of treatment must be continued for at least 7 to 10 days or longer, depending on the severity of the infection, before the condition subsides.
- You should continue the treatment for at least a week after the symptoms of nail disorder have disappeared.
- Avoid wearing nail polish and covered shoes during the treatment period.
- You must remember that tea tree oil is simply a topical treatment. It is meant for external use only and should not be ingested.
Tips for Cure
While undergoing such natural treatment it is important for you to take certain precautionary measures to restrict such problems and prevent fungus infections from reoccurring.
- You must maintain good feet hygiene by wearing clean socks and shoes and avoid sharing them with others.
- Try to wear 100% cotton socks and well fitted shoes.
- You must remember to keep your feet dry and clean always.
- Consciously avoid going to public showers and locker rooms barefoot.
Although Tea Tree Oil Nail Fungus Treatment has proven results in the category of home remedies, this type of a natural treatment has the drawback of being a time taking process. This type of a treatment is difficult to maintain over a long period of time. As it is a drawn- out process, people tend to drop it mid way. However, if you have patience to continue with this safe and inexpensive treatment, you can be assured of positive results in the long run. With the continuous usage of Tea tree oil and a consistent treatment you will be able to identify noticeable improvements and get back your healthy looking nails! However, if this method of treating nail fungus infection fails, you are advised to visit your doctor for medical treatments.